The APEC 2018 Plenary Session is designed to cover the history of power, the current needs in energy efficiency and the future possibilities. The plenary is made up of several presentations from respected industry leaders. Each presentation is 30 minutes in length and allows for interactive Q&A at the end of each presentation.
Were you unable to attend the APEC 2018 Plenary Session? Check out the live stream video below from IEEE.tv and Mouser Electronics.
APEC plenary session will take place Monday afternoon. Confirmed speakers and topics are as follows:
- Power: A Fundamental Ingredient of Advanced Science and Applied Technology - Adam L. Hamilton P.E., President and Chief Executive Officer, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI®)
- Vienna Rectifier and Beyond - Prof. Johann W. Kolar, Director Power Electronic Systems Laboratory, ETH Zurich
Monday, March 5 | 14:00-14:30
- Moving from Si to SiC from the End User's Perspective - Dr. Muhammad Nawaz, Principal Scientist, ABB Corporate Research
- WPT: from µW/cm2 Harvesting to kW Capacitive Vehicle Powering - Zoya Popovic, Distinguished Professor and Lockheed Martin Endowed Chair, Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 3D Power Packaging made Real with Embedded Component and Substrate Technologies - P. Markondeya Raj, Associate Research Director, Georgia Tech - PRC
- Does Power Efficiency Improve with Consolidation in the Semiconductor Industry? - Hans Stork, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, ON Semiconductor