APEC 2018 Sponsors Expand Student Travel Support Program
Up to $60,000 in travel support will be distributed; Deadline for applications is Oct. 27, 2017.
San Antonio, TX – August 16, 2017 – The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) have announced the expansion of the popular Student Attendance Travel Support Program. Awarding up to $1,000 per student to cover a portion of their travel and conference expenses, the program has been expanded to disperse up to $60,000 to as many as 60 students who are participating in APEC 2018, being held in San Antonio, Texas, March 4-8, 2018. Interested students must apply by Oct. 27th, 2017.
In its 13th year, this popular program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA), is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC conference: the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications society (IAS).
The recipients will be chosen by the APEC 2018 Student Travel Support Committee. Application forms are available at APEC Attendance Travel Support Application. The application criteria are:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution
- Only students who have not received travel support in the past will be considered
- The recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for presentation at APEC 2018
- The recipient must attend APEC 2018 and submit expense receipts to the Committee for reimbursement
- Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 27, 2017
- The recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 17, 2017
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor and a brief description of their career interest and reasons for planning to attend APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of their accepted APEC paper, as well as the name(s) of the co-author(s).
More information about the APEC Student Attendance Travel Support Program may be found at the PSMA’s Education Forum page.
About the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC)
As The Premier Event in Applied Power Electronics™, APEC focuses on the practical and applied aspects of the power electronics business. This is not just a designer's conference. APEC has something of interest for anyone involved in power electronics:
- Equipment OEMs that use power supplies and dc-dc converters in their equipment
- Designers of power supplies, dc-dc converters, motor drives, uninterruptable power supplies, inverters and any other power electronic circuits, equipment and systems
- Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies used in power electronics
- Manufacturing, quality and test engineers involved with power electronics equipment
- Marketing, sales and anyone involved in the business of power electronics
- Compliance engineers testing and qualifying power electronics equipment or equipment that uses power electronics
Greg Evans, P.E., APEC2018 Publicity Chairman